Monday, November 23, 2009

Tyra's Healthier Choices

Watching Tyra, jotting down things she says:

It's hard to be healthy because it's colder, so many parties, gotta eat.
Hard to make good choices during holidays.

MAIN DISHES:

Turkey with skin
Roast beef
Honey baked ham

Best out of these: Roast beef

Normal ham and roast beef are okay
Turkey WITHOUT skin is the best

SIDES:

Skip creamy mashed potatoes (headdesk)

Carrot souffle
Green bean casserole
Candied sweet potatoes

Best: Green bean casserole

My suggestion: maybe don't eat the onions, scrap them off
1 cup for g.b.c. - 250
Others 1 cup - 400

HOT DRINKS:

Apple cider
Hot chocolate
Egg nog

Best: Apple cider

Small HC w/ fat free milk = apple cider

DESSERT:

Pecan pie
Lemon meringue pie
Pumpkin pie

Best: pumpkin pie

Lowest in calories. Pecan pie 90% calories from fat

CANDY:

Candy cane
Gingerbread man
Fruitcake

Best: candy cane

---

I feel really happy that I was watching Tyra right at the moment this came on! I'm so glad I saved this, too, instead of just watching it -- Olivia, you may thank me with Galactic credits or baked goods. Wait... those aren't too healthy. Just bow obsequiously whenever you see me. That'll work :P

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for recording this, but I watched Tyra, too ;D
    EVERYDAY SISTA!

    ReplyDelete